The Value in a Long-Term Fire Ant Control Program
From citrus groves and almond orchards to grazing pastures and golf courses, fire ants threaten crops, equipment, livestock, wildlife, and humans wherever they settle. Not to mention, fire ant colonies are resilient. Did you know that you could amp up your fire ant protection to offer residual control?
By applying Extinguish® Professional Fire Ant Bait with an insect growth regulator (IGR), or Extinguish® Plus, which contains an adulticide and IGR, you can cut off nuisance fire ant populations at the source.
(S)-Methoprene is the active ingredient in both Extinguish® Professional Fire Ant Bait and Extinguish® Plus, impacting the queen ant’s reproductive ability. Learn about the considerable value in these long-term control solutions:
Extinguish® Professional Fire Ant Bait
- Extinguish® Professional Fire Ant Bait utilizes the active ingredient (S)-methoprene to help eliminate fire ant colonies, prevent rebound, and help eliminate mound movement.
- Colony reduction can be seen beginning at 3 weeks and colony elimination can be seen within 6-8 weeks.
- Extinguish® Professional Fire Ant Bait is also noteworthy for its environmental profile. This IGR-based bait can be used with confidence around people, livestock, pets, and even other beneficial ant species.
- Designed specifically to target imported fire ants, Southern (California) fire ants, and protein-feeding pavement ants, Extinguish® Professional Fire Ant Bait provides effective fire ant control without withdrawal or grazing restrictions.
- Extinguish® Plus is unique fire ant bait that combines the killing action of an adulticide and the long-lasting control of an IGR.
- The adulticide starts killing worker fire ants immediately after ingestion, while the IGR prevents the queens from laying fertile eggs.
- Extinguish® Plus is labeled for takedown of imported and native fire ants, harvester ants, big-headed ants and Argentine ants.
- Ants carry the bait back to the mound, where it is consumed – eliminating workers and sterilizing the queen.
- This dual-action product is approved for indoor and outdoor use for residential and commercial properties, container or nursery stock, sod farms, rangeland, pastures, commercial turf and more.
In addition to meeting USDA fire ant quarantine requirements, both Extinguish® Professional Fire Ant Bait and Extinguish® Plus are designed to offer long-term fire ant control across markets. Whatever your fire ant control needs may be, Extinguish® products provide a solution.
To learn more, visit the Extinguish® Professional Fire Ant Bait Product Page and the Extinguish® Plus Product Page or contact us.